Skip to main content

Don't you just love it when bigoted loons spout off without doing even the minimum of research in case it wrecks their pet theories?

Iyad Ameen Madani, the Secretary General for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation which represents 1.4 billion Muslims in 57 countries around the world, condemned ISIS' threats against Christians in Iraq, saying the "forced deportation under the threat of execution" is a "crime that cannot be tolerated."
Thousands of Muslims have gathered across Britain today to hear a message of peace. More than 5,000 worshippers attended a mosque in Morden, south west London, and thousands more went to mosques across the country. They urged young people to abandon extremism and denounced the actions of the insurgent group Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria (Isis).
I hear this type of crap coming from people in all walks of life, it is repeated like some type of self hypnosis, yet not one makes the slightest attempt to listen. Right wing media around Europe and the US repeat this meme on a daily basis.

Its the same type of meme that gets young black men shot and killed because as we all know young black men are dangerous.

Rather than look to the deeper questions as to how and why, we come up with simple idiocies.

Black Men are dangerous

Islam is a violent religion.

Great, thinking done; now to watch Duck Humpers or whatever it is called.

Whereas this great depth of thinking usually ends up with more deaths, more wars and even more asinine memes...

Mexicans have melon sized calves.....etc

EMAIL TO A FRIEND X
Your Email has been sent.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.

Add keywords that describe this diary. Separate multiple keywords with commas.
Tagging tips - Search For Tags - Browse For Tags

?

More Tagging tips:

You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?

You must be a member of a group to use this feature.

Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
(The diary will be removed.)
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?

Comment Preferences

•  Tip Jar: As we all know Laura all blondes are (21+ / 0-)

rabidly insane

"I decided it is better to scream. Silence is the real crime against humanity." Nadezhda Mandelstam

by LaFeminista on Mon Aug 11, 2014 at 01:16:29 PM PDT

•  She also hasn't gotten the memo... (0+ / 0-)

...that many Muslim leaders united in opposition to Boko Haram, another extremist organization.

I'm not religious anymore, but shit, even I know that there's damn well a difference between genuinely religious observers of their faith vs. extremists who do things that make the truly religious shrink in horror.

#NotInGodsName

"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich." - John F. Kennedy

by boofdah on Mon Aug 11, 2014 at 07:45:07 PM PDT

[ Parent ]

•  preaching to the RW choir indivisible (6+ / 0-)
    INGRAHAM: And it would be nice if more in the Muslim world coming out and condemning what the Islamic State is doing. You're not hearing enough of those voices, if any. I mean, where are those people?

Warning - some snark may be above‽ (-9.50; -7.03)‽ eState4Column5©2013 "If we appear to seek the unattainable, then let it be known that we do so to avoid the unimaginable." (@eState4Column5)

by annieli on Mon Aug 11, 2014 at 01:30:21 PM PDT

•  Of course, an Islamophobic media (0+ / 0-)

has an agenda that only permits negative images of Islam with the accompaniment of racist and bigoted talking heads.

I find AlJazeera somewhat better for the reporting of events in the Mideast. They are more likely to have real reporters on the ground, and fewer retired military and other phony expert, who  are often racist talking heads, in their call-up files.

They probably still can't be completely independent and honest in order to keep their broadcasting license.

War is costly. Peace is priceless!

by frostbite on Mon Aug 11, 2014 at 05:43:06 PM PDT

[ Parent ]

•  ingraham on my list of people who should be (4+ / 0-)

stuck in an elevator.
    for a
    very
    very
    long
    time.

floors, please? hello? hey.
    are people talking?
    are they talking about me?
    well, what else is there to talk about?
    when I get out, I must lecture Muslims. I'm superior to them.
    Well, everyone, really.
    are we going up or down?
    I demand to be taken to wherever it is I was going! are you listening?
    can you hear me?
    I don't usually talk for free..
    this is outrageous!
    thank god I have myself for company. other people think they know God. how delusional.
    I must tell people how godless and useless they are. trash, really.
    I wouldn't give them the time of day...
    ...if I had any.
    now, where was I?

for the love of humanity please protect the light in all that may glow and try not to make anyone else's path more cruel than it would be on its own.

by renzo capetti on Mon Aug 11, 2014 at 01:48:58 PM PDT

•  That's wonderful because I can't stand La-La-Laura (2+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      frostbite, renzo capetti

either, from the first day I saw her talk. She is a standout at something but I can't quite put my finger on it. It has something to do with the word insufferable. Help me, please. Laura I is an insufferable _____.

The US ranks 138th out of all 169 voting countries in actual voting. Since 1974, mid-term % of eligible voters who vote avgs. 37%. Democrats would dominate if they did one thing- GOTV. They never do. Curious.

by Incredulousinusa on Mon Aug 11, 2014 at 05:29:16 PM PDT

[ Parent ]

•  And of course she's completely oblivious to the (5+ / 0-)

calls from RWNJ calling for violent overthrow of the US government. She hears one asshole comment from ISIS and it represents all Muslims everywhere. She hears ten thousand calls for violence against the President, etc. and it's "lone wolves".

GOP 2014 strategy -- Hire clowns, elephants, and a ringmaster and say "a media circus" has emerged and blame Democrats for lack of progress. Have pundits agree that "both sides are to blame" and hope the public will stay home on election day.

by ontheleftcoast on Mon Aug 11, 2014 at 02:12:00 PM PDT

•  You should really include a quote (4+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    alx9090, Piren, frostbite, ickamaus

from Ingraham in your diary. You have block quotes of the statements of peace and tolerance followed by your statement "I hear this type of crap," it almost sounds like you mean that what they're saying is crap.

I had to click on the link to the Media Matters story to get the context of Ingraham's quote before your diary made any sense.

La majestueuse égalité des lois, qui interdit au riche comme au pauvre de coucher sous les ponts, de mendier dans les rues, et de voler du pain.

by dconrad on Mon Aug 11, 2014 at 03:40:39 PM PDT

•  How many divisions does the (0+ / 0-)

Organization of Islamic Cooperation have?

When anyone with authority to do anything about it in Iraq, Syria, and other Levant countries says "We have decided to change our behavior because of the OIC can't tolerate it." I'll be impressed.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site